Re: [Mldonkey-users] Your emule client is too old and has bad network be

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Your emule client is too old and has bad network behaviour! Please upgrade!
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:50:13 +0200

Hi Dirk,

D> I just changed the emule_protocol_version in download_expert.ini from
D> "38" to "16.40".. the "16.40" was truncated to "16" after a new start..
D> i guess it "looks" now soo outdated that he doesn't connect with emule
D> peers at all.. but therefore it returns now /results/ instead of that
D> stupid message...

Well, the 38 is only decimal for 0x26 (emule protocol version of emule
0.26). AFAIK changing this to 48 (0x30) should do the trick, but the
16.40 eserver recognizes mldonkey only partly as emule (don't know
how, but I tested it with my own server).

I doubt that 16 will change anything for good. Like I said, someone
has to fix the behaviour of mldonkey for this and add the function to
work with the extended UDP protocol (which returns [23]00 results in
one packet (I don't know the exact number at the moment)).

We'll have to wait..

-Roland