[Mldonkey-users] Ban IP using weblist

From: Spirit Ghostwalker
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Ban IP using weblist
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

is there a possibility in mldonkey to ban client IPs
that are suspicius or send invalid data (other than
reliable_sources)?
I know there is a command to ban servers but I guess
that command can't be used for clients.

There seems to be a list at:
http://cvs.suche.org/horde/chora/cvs.php/ip.prefix
which, if I understood it right list untrustworthy
clients. Maybe this could be used to block such
clients.
A better solution would of course be to use a more
dynamic approach (IP change after a certain time for
some clients). I don't know if this is possible but
exchanging data about uploaders that send corrupted
files over the donkey network or as a seperate message
to other mldonkeys on a seperate network or mldonkey
specific addition to the edonkey-network seems like a
good idea to me.
Additionally there are some addresses that I would
like to block permanently if that is possible (I know
I could do that with my firewall).

Is there any way to do this using mldonkey or another
(external) tool or patch?