[Mldonkey-users] Re: emule .part files?

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: emule .part files?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:02:38 +0200

Benjamin Groß <address@hidden> wrote:

>> theres no way to convert them back? (if need be)

> i think for converting back you need windows or wine under *nix.
> someone tried this a few month ago, but he said that's a lot of tricky
> work.

Right.

I needed to add all files to emule via Search or direkt Link. Then I had
to wait until emule found all the chunk-hashes, _then_ I used a Tool
called MetMedic to correct the then created part.met files with the
corresponding files from the mldonkey temp-directory.

All this was quite a hassle and I won't this again in the near future.

"Of course" MetMedic does not run within wine, I had to use vmware for
this job.

You lose all unfinished chunks, but this is the same as with the other
direction emule/edonkey --> mlnet.

Since the part.met file format is known from the source of emule, it
should be "easy" to write a tool which takes the files.ini and the
temp-files from mlnet and generates appropriate emule/edonkey part and
part.met files.

S°

--
Letzte Worte eines Fahrlehrers: Nun versuchen Sie's alleine