[Mldonkey-users] Help - cannot get MLdonkey on redhat server to work

From: Scott Lewis
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Help - cannot get MLdonkey on redhat server to work
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:25:22 +0100

I have installed mldonkey on my home webserver - running Redhat8 and trying
to access it via
http://192.168.0.1:4080. Anyway, it wont work.

I have added:-

RewriteEngine       on
ProxyRequests        on
RewriteRule /mldonkey http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(submit.*) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(files.*) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
ProxyPassReverse /(.*)  http://localhost:4080/$1

To the httpd.conf file and know when I try and access the webpage again I
get:-

Bad Gateway!
The proxy server could not handle the request <EM><A
HREF="/mldonkey">GET&nbsp;/mldonkey</A></EM>.<P> Reason: <STRONG>Error
reading from remote server</STRONG>

I ahve also tried altering the iptables to somethink like:-

#Allow Mldonkey Server, Port 4080 |
#----------------------------------------
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i $EXTINT --dport 4080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp -i $EXTINT --dport 4080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -o $EXTINT --sport 4080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp -o $EXTINT --sport 4080 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i $INTINT --dport 4080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp -i $INTINT --dport 4080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -o $INTINT --sport 4080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp -o $INTINT --sport 4080 -j ACCEPT

But not to up on iptables to know if I have done it right.

Any ideas , and yes I have done to obvious of starting mldonkey

Scott