Re: [Mldonkey-users] gtk2 gui

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] gtk2 gui
Date: 10 Jun 2003 17:31:21 +0200

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 17:07, Jay Hap-hang Yu wrote:
> I understand that OCaml relies on 3rd party modules to support unicode.
> However, can mlnet accept a ed2k link containig utf-8 chars in the
> filename part, and write (commit) the file to incoming "as is"? by doing
> so, will the unicode chars in the filename be preserved??

As long as it doesn't try to do any charset conversion (and as it
doesn't understand Unicode or anything similar, I don't see why it
would) it should put out whatever was fed into it, regardless of the
charset. It's up to whatever receives it (filesystem etc.) to make the
assumption about what charset it's getting. If your system is
condfigured to assume UTF-8 as the default, that's what you should be
getting from mldonkey too...

(Best guess, anyway - I'm not an OCaml developer, nor do I speak from
any kind of experience.)

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc