[Mldonkey-users] self-hosting releases

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] self-hosting releases
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 12:51:37 -0400

At 12:30 PM +0200 6/6/03, Jörg Maisenbacher wrote:
a *big* German weekly has MLDonkey on the frontpage of its internetsite:

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/technologie/0,1518,251926,00.html

I guess this explains, why mldonkey.org is not reachable ATM.

Yes, and mldonkey.berlios.de is also unreachable

PS: 13.378 Downloads of  MLdonkey_2.5-0_win32_installer.exe this
month (according to savannahs webalizer). So we must be aware of
something *big*

All the more reason to make sure future releases are self-hosted as
much as possible, yes?

Every time new releases come out, why doesn't the announcement(along
with the download page) contain ed2k links so that people who are
upgrading(or switching from another edonkey client) can simply
download it via edonkey, instead of pissing off the savannah people
by sucking up more of their bandwidth?