Re: [Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey & Debian ( Trying to do an Official Packag

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey & Debian ( Trying to do an Official Package )
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:40:34 +0200

>  > > I'm not a regular slashdot reader, so what did i miss?
>  > Microsoft is developing a language, F#, which is based on Ocaml and
>  > C#:
>
>  So Microsoft is believing in ocaml. Why should i? It's just one more
>  buggy compiler on the list. ;)

Microsoft is not developing f#, it is just a small project (one
researcher) of a Microsoft research lab. There was a huge discussion
on slashdot a few weeks ago about that, and that researcher also came
to INRIA to present his work. f# is just a subset of Ocaml, and only
used as a toy language for further research.

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/