Re: [Mldonkey-users] soulseek made useless

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] soulseek made useless
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 01:54:04 +0200

>  so, the question is, can we expect that the gui's will be changed in the
>  near future in order to display the queue size of soulseek peers? i feel
>  that without this, a lot of effort to bring slsk to mldonkey would just
>  be useless. soulseek is, because it is simple, one of the most efficient
>  ways to find a very wide range of music.

Interesting. Do you know if standard soulseek clients display this
information with the results ? Or if they display it only when you
start the download ?

>  another soulseek-specific feature is the ability to "download
>  directory", not a crucial but very helpful function.

There is already something like that, when you are browsing a client,
you can ask for a "directory download" in the gui. Can directories be
returned also as results of search requests ?

>  this is probably not just the case of slsk, i guess that the experience
>  of gnutella and other networks could be improved by a slightly more
>  adaptive gui. different networks, different uses.

Of course. We could even imagine having several GUIs, some dedicated
to particular networks... There is currently a "task force" being
created to program a new "official" GUI for mldonkey, so it might be
interesting to discuss with them.

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/