Re: [Mldonkey-users] [2.4] Last chunk often corrupt

From: Lionel Bouton
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [2.4] Last chunk often corrupt
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:51:58 +0200

Lionel Bouton wrote:

Hi

the console messages show an unusual amount of corrupted chunks here. What surprises me is that 90-95% of these corrupt chunks are the very last one of a download.

Did anyone else noticed this ?

Is there a known bug in another client for the last chunk case, or is mldonkey-2.4 the culprit ?

More on data corruption.
I've a fair ratio of completed videos on disk with invalid ed2k hashes.
When running mldonkey 2.4 ed2k_hash on them the hash doesn't match the
one used for downloading them.

As the system is rather stable (uptime in months range, fairly tested
with heavy compilation tasks and memtest86), I don't believe it is the
culprit. Moreover, each of these files seem to have only one invalid
chunk (the video is garbled for a couple of minutes at some point in the
stream, then mplayer is able to recover).

Is there a tool to get chunk hashes from the network for a given ed2k_link ?

I'm currently redownloading these files, so I will launch a "cmp -l" to
find out what changes, but the fact for me is that mldonkey somehow
accepted invalid chunks at some point (maybe an older version with a
known bug ?).

Wild guess : on last chunk, does mldonkey do a whole file hash check ?
If so if one invalid chunk was downloaded it could very well explain why
some of my downloads are stuck on last chunk, redownloading it forever.

LB