Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem in Bittorrent

From: Bernd Kuhls
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem in Bittorrent
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 14:04:38 +0200

Hi,

Christian Roerecke schrieb:
On Thu, 8 May 2003, Thoran wrote:
Name-Resolution is not directly contained in glibc.
I suppose this could be the reason for me being unable to access the soulseek and gnutella server as well downloading bittorrent links because they all depend on proper name resolution which is impossible on my machine.

I am having those problems, too.

> I installed mlnet on a router which still uses glibc 2.0.x

My router even uses libc5...

Are there any workarounds which I could use for name resolution?

It would be best if MLDonkey does the job itself.

Or is the only possibility to upgrade my router distribution to be in sync with my compile system?

That is something I donĀ“t want to do...

Greetings, Bernd