[Mldonkey-users] RE Web interface : Absolut Link

From: Ducingen
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] RE Web interface : Absolut Link
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:17:43 +0200

> The web interface use hardcoded absolute links (ex /commands.html or
> /oneframe.html).
>
> It it impossible to use a reverse proxy mapping a directory
> to mldonkey's web
> interface as mldonkey uses absolute lins.
>
> For example, I tried to map https://my.web.site/mldonkey to
> http://127.0.0.1:4080 with apache's reverse proxy.
> This i usefull as apache provide encryption and strong authentication.
> Unfortunately, links in mldonkey are hardcoded and goes
> outsite my directory
> /mldonkey.
>
> Will it be possible to use relative link (as any good web
> site should do) ?
> I have tried to patch the source, but there is to much thing
> to do for me ...
>
> Tks
> Nicolas
>
> PS : I use 2.04rc1-11

Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.44 OpenSSL/0.9.6c

Here is my httpd.conf (put it in ssl.conf for
https://www.myhost.org/mldonkey access)

RewriteEngine       on
ProxyRequests       on

RewriteRule /mldonkey http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(submit.*) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(files.*) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(dh.css) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(h.css) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(i.js) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(di.js) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(commands.html) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(noframe.html) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
RewriteRule /(oneframe.html) http://localhost:4080/$1 [P,L]
ProxyPassReverse /(.*)  http://localhost:4080/$1

I hope it's what you're looking for.

First note : could you prefix *.css, *.html and *.js with mld_ (for
example) to make rewrite rule easier ? (if I have a page named
commands.html in my documentroot I'll go in trouble ;-)
Second note : in the previous version of mldonkey there was http_user
and http_password variables, now they've disappeared and there is no
authentification on the web page load, it's a bit embarassing...
I didn't figure out how to set up web auth on my mldonkey (MLNet
2.04rc3-0: Multi-Network p2p client)

Cordialy,

        Ducingen.

And thanks for your great work, mldonkey is the ultimate P2P client !

;-)