Re: [Mldonkey-users] does my mldonkey-2.04rc1-11 talk to overnet / DC?

From: Christian Lange
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] does my mldonkey-2.04rc1-11 talk to overnet / DC?
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 20:14:02 +0200

Hello Marc,

> So, I have mldonkey working but I can't tell whether it really connects
> to just the edonkey network or also overnet, or both

> So, the web interface seems to say so:
> Overnet statistics:
>   Search hits: 5127
>   Source hits: 90529
>   peers blocks (max peer number per block = 32) :
>     This is a list of known peers, sorted by the first byte of their md4
> address ( 05FE15E90678... => block 05)

You have source hits, so you are most likely connected to overnet. In
the list following taht line you probably have some non-zero fields,
and at the end of hte table a line saying 'Number of known Overnet
peers = xxxx'.

> but the connected servers page only shows "x servers on the donkey network"

Yes, overnet is not rhe donkey network, so overnet peers are not
listed there, even though they are listed inside servers.ini

> So, here are my questions:
> 1) Are overnet and donkey just mixed together in the mldonkey interface so
>    that I can't see the difference?

Yes, more or less. You should see the client type listed in the
downloads tab.

> 2) will mldonkey download files from both networks without caring where the
>    chunks came from and even get chunks of a file from both networks at once?

And upload to both networks at once.

> As for the DC network, I'm connected to it, but don't I need to do something
> special to be allowed to download? (be part of a hub, or register or
> something?)
> And above all:
> How can I tell which networks the files I'm downloading come from?

The downloads tab, maybe the details. I use the web interface,
clicking on the filename brings you to the details, there is a column
'CB' that shos the client brand. Or look at the downloaders list, same
column there.

Hth

 - Christian Lange, Berlin