Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Mldonkey-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 4

From: Mike Jones
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Mldonkey-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 4
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:06:27 +0000

Maybe you should stick with emule.

P2P through email has to be one of the worst ideas
I've heard in a long time.  I can't wait to see what
you do with all the spam chunks your receive, fake
addresses, and what you do with mailboxes limited
to 5 megs in size. Never mind the sysadmins that
cut off your email since it is already a strained
resource. (plus the other million problems any sane
person can easily forsee :))

Projects that try to be all things to all people
always fail when a smaller, faster, sleaker idea
comes along.  Use the right tool for the job.

I could use a chainsaw to beat a nail into wood, but
a hammer just seems more appropriate.

Every hour of development spent on silly ideas is
an hour lost of productive development. On
a project that already has such few developers, I'd
hate to see resources spread even more thinly.

But, to each his own.  I look forward to your patches.