Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: recovering files

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: recovering files
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:13:42 -0500

At 1:49 PM +1300 2/28/03, mdew wrote:

 > > I've tried recover_temp, without any luck...what other ways do I need
 > to do to recover my files?

 > What do you mean with "without any luck"?

Welcome on mldonkey command-line

Use ? for help

recover_temp
done

"done" came up pretty quick, as if it did nothing. my files arent
recovered :(

It comes up quick because all recover_temp really does is look for files in temp/ and add them to the download list.

Until it at least finds one other source(to get the filename), the filename will be listed as the MD5 for the entire file, which is the same as the filename in the filesystem.

If there's another source, then as soon as the client gets the hashes for a block, your client sets about verifying that chunk.

That's dependent upon the speed of your system(cpu and disk) and what compute_md4_delay(# of seconds to wait after computing a block) is. While this is happening, you'll see blocks go to green and you'll also notice a -rather- high 'download rate'.

Brett