Re: [Mldonkey-users] Privacy with mldonkey

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Privacy with mldonkey
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 01:03:08 -0500

At 6:02 PM +0100 2/25/03, axzv59 wrote:

More than that, games editors want to obtain names of P2Pmen from
providers and could complain to police.
What can the provider prove about your downloads?

Pretty much anything they want. I bet, in fact, it would probably be trivial to write a filter for Snort that dumps every hash you ask for.

I'm semi-amazed an ethereal filter hasn't popped up yet(sure would be handy for troubleshooting.)

Brett