[Mldonkey-users] important note about tagged/dated checkouts from CVS!

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] important note about tagged/dated checkouts from CVS!
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:30:58 -0500

As I just rudely discovered, if you check out based on date or tag, you CANNOT simply do another checkout or "update" to get to the latest overall version in the repository! This one bit me on the ass when I did an update and discovered I was running a rather old release.

If I understand the man page correctly, when a new version comes out and you've previously done a checkout AND specified a date or tag, you -MUST- specify -A as per the cvs man page, if you want the latest overall version:

"Use the -A option to reset any sticky tags, dates, or -k options. (If you get a working file using one of the -r, -D, or -k options, cvs remembers the corresponding tag, date, or kflag and continues using it on future updates; use the -A option to make cvs forget these specifications, and retrieve the ``head'' version of the file).

Hope this helps folks...and if I've misinterpreted the man page, someone please speak up.

Brett