Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: only LowID-peers ??

From: Ultimateclem
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: only LowID-peers ??
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:04:29 +0100

Le Mardi 11 Février 2003 21:13, Goswin Brederlow a écrit :

> I'm trying to mark connection to "initiated by me" and "initiated by
> someone else" and account the traffic for each seperatly ot get an
> image of whats actually happening. I'm probably going to do some
> iptbales SNAT magic to get them into different port ranges. Wish me
> luck.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

100% of my sources were spontaneous indirect connections. That is my short
story :
I was trying the 2.02-9 version for 2 days.
max_connected_client = 300 (adsl connection, bad gateway with 1700ms ping
and about 1% packets lost with 400 connected_clients).
max_clients_per_second = 20
About 20-30 files downloading
Running 24h a day.

Because of a poor upload/download speed I have restarted mld, with deleting
files_sources.ini, but without changing IP. Once I have restarted mld, in 10
minutes, all my allocated sockets were fllooded by indirect clients,
disabling the possibility to connect to any server. So mld haven't no new
sources from server (because of no connected server) and cannot ask any
indirect sources to connect to him (sources.ini was deleted). I think that
these indirect sources just connected to me to ask one upload slot and were
interpreted by mld like sources, generating a bandwith use of 2.5kB/s in
download and something equivalent in upload (just to know who where when and
how:) ).
To summarize 300 connections of indirect clients non initiated by mld.
In 4 hours of mld running : 7 kB/s in download and 3 kB/s in upload (that is
very poor for my line specially in upload).

I think that the version 2.02-0 (the reference for me) has a better
management of indirect clients.

My idea is to say :
- indirect connections initiated by mld are considered as sources for
download (we know their MD4)
- spontaneous indirect connections are considered as asking upload slots.
- Or something in the protocol is here to flag if it is for upload or for
download (i don't know if it is right)

(thank you for this very nice and usefull 2.02-9 version, except this problem
of indirect sources).

I hope this will help you.

--
Ultimateclem