[Mldonkey-users] html_mods patch

From: Mike Jones
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] html_mods patch
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:59:44 -0800

I exclusively control my mldonkey through the web interface, but I
don't really like the current web interface.

I'd rather not use a PHP frontend.

I also wanted access to more source info so I needed to alter code.
Therefore I have made some rather crude changes to my mldonkey.

Changes:

"set html_mods true" - this turns it on, it might also need
"set use_html_frames true"    and
"set html_checkbox_file_list true"

- Present "vd" information in a table, and include # of sources
available for each file (+ mouseover for "vd #")

- "uploaders" output in a table + include IP

- "cshtml" output in a table (table version of "cs")

- "upstats" output in a table

- Connected/View All Servers output in a table, with button to
easily connect/disconnect from each

- "vd <#>" includes sources information like chunk display per source,
IP, client type, queue position (rank), score, LastOK/Try/NextTry displayed in
minutes rather than date, and indicates from which sources you are actively
downloading.

- added command "verify_chunks <#>" - linked in vd <#>

- added command "reload_messages" to reload the
~/.mldonkey_messages.ini

- changed frames layout

- mouseover column headers for help (title="" tooltips)

- ??

Most of the table generating html code is dumped into the sources, but
it uses CSS, so colours can be modified in the ~/.mldonkey_messages.ini
file. (This is why I added the reload_messages command - no need to
restart mldonkey to change colours or alignment, etc.)

I have also included a javascript table sort function in my
.mldonkey_messages.ini file, so that each table can be
sorted based upon which column header is clicked.  It is client side sorting,
so it doesn't add load to the mldonkey process, but it isn't fast if you
try to sort a table of 500 sources. (I'll have to figure out how to
speed this up..)

I have only tried this with IE6.

I only use Donkey/Overnet.

I have no experience with Ocaml, but here is my patch anyway.  It
works for me, maybe you'd like to give it a try/alter it?

It includes my .mldonkey_messages.ini file which you need to use (or
alter if you like) for all the CSS and javascript header information.

The patch applies to 2.02-9 CVS.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/mldonkey co mldonkey
cd mldonkey/
patch -p0 -E -s < ../html_mods/wherever.patch
./configure --enable-batch --disable-multinet && make depend && make

Then replace the ~/.mldonkey_messages file.

This is the only webhost I have:

Example vd output:
http://members.tripod.com/test_page/vd.html

Patch file: