Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Contributions in C to mldonkey

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Contributions in C to mldonkey
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:42:08 +0100

>  This has not been a long time since I'm subscribed to this
>  mailing-list[1], but if there has been a call for help I haven't seen
>  it. Moreover, I just browsed the WWW pages, and I see no call for
>  developers.
>
>  I am sure that you can easily get ocaml hackers to join by simply
>  asking them to do so. You could even set the footer of this
>  mailing-list to something like:
>
>    Join us and participate to the MLDonkey aventure
>    Need to learn Objective Caml first? See http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml

A call for developers was sent on the edonkey forums long ago, and
more recently, on the caml-list for ocaml users. The problem is that
the work must be done by somebody who is really interested, which
means a user. Pango for example has done a lot of work without being
part of the dev team. Other patches also have been sent. But the main
problem is still that most people just stop reading the code as soon
as they see it is written in ocaml...

- MLDonkey