Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b

From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:13:15 +0100

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:22:32 +0100
Sven Hartge <address@hidden> wrote:

> Pierre Etchemaite <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > That looks like a totally logical modification, so either mldonkey
> > was so far acting as greedyly as possible (maybe sometimes finding a
> > new source by luck), or there's something obvious I'm missing.
>
> If you are downloading files belonging to a series of files, then
> there is a very high chance of discovering new sources this way.
>
> Problem is: mldonkey cannot know, which files are "linked".

We could imagine a few heuristics, like asking all other mp3 files you
are downloading with the same album name in id3 tags (there is some code
for id3 tags I think, the one used for in searchs).

 Another one could be "all other files with a significant common
substring in one of the file names" (by significant, I mean "of a
sufficient lengh". "Ally_Mc_Beal" for example is significant).

This will only sometimes (often?) works, but it was also the case with
the original behavior.

We could also imagine a new command for explicitly grouping files.

-- Thomas.