Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Statistics

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Statistics
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:50:39 +0100

Le Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:27:08 +0100, Roland Arendes <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> Can you please change the code so that we recognize old mldonkeys with
> client_stats?
> (old is <2.00+2+new_network_signature)
> AFAIK old clients are already ignored (good!)

client_stats already does that:
        c.client_is_mldonkey == 0 (not mldonkey)
        c.client_is_mldonkey == 1 (first part of signature received...)
        c.client_is_mldonkey == 2 (old mldonkey)
        c.client_is_mldonkey == 3 (new mldonkey)

So c.client_is_mldonkey >= 2 counts both old and new version.

> Others are normal eDonkeys and the rest?

Yes, no pun intended. It's just that the official client is recognized by
"negative" properties (it doesn't have any of the signs of other types of
clients)

> And upload should be called  "To emules, to overnets" and so on.
> Just a cosmetic one. ;)

Fixed, but wait for the next release ;)

> What was the problem with overnet uploading in 1.99? I forgot it these
> days. I mean, there was one problem with it that caused mldonkey to
> remove overnet uploading from 2.0

The problem, visible from official client users, were warnings about broken
metatags requests. But they're many other open questions about the correct
behavior for an Overnet peer, IIRC mldonkey asked for help in the Overnet
forum and didn't get any answer from developers (only flames from some angry
users):

http://forums.edonkey2000.com/phpBBovr/viewtopic.php?t=42310