Re: [Mldonkey-users] Mldonkey 2.0+2 uses full upload instead of only 10k

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Mldonkey 2.0+2 uses full upload instead of only 10kb
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:04:02 +0100

Tobias Geis wrote...
> i have a T-DSL connection (786/128) and i am using mldonkey 2.0+2.
> I have 48 files in queue.
> My problem is that mldonkey uses my full upload instead of the set
> max_hard_upload_rate of 10Kb/s.

This is a known problem when downloading many files.
Try to pause some of them or set the max rate even lower.

> It changes between 2kb/s up to 34kb/s. 34kb is normaly not possible with
> T-DSL!

this is really not possible with your adsl-connection. where do you get those
numbers?

> So it's not possible to surf normaly in the internet :-(
> And the shown downloadrate in ksim is bigger as the add up downloadrates
> from each downloading file.

This is normal because theres some protocol header, server connection,
client connection and many other things going on besides the download
of your files!
BTW: ksim (i guess its from the kde-desktop) is not that accurate...

I have written a perl script that shows your real up and downstream
measured at your interface. If someone is interested i can post it here.