[Mldonkey-users] Re: Still a few bugs

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Still a few bugs
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:01:04 +0100

René Gallati <address@hidden> wrote:

>> 2) The are plenty entries in my serverlist which doubled over time. Some
>> exist there 30 times (I mean the description of the server, with 30
>> different T-Online IPs). I have max_server_age set to 1, and they
>> shouldn't be there. remove_old_servers doesn't help, too. These duplicate
>> IPs can't be active, because their age is >1 day (and T-Online DSL
>> forcefully disconnects after 24h. In the servers description it is even
>> mentioned that they're based on T-DSL). Why are they still there? I think
>> it's a bug in the serverlist management (like point 1 above)

> That's most likely the result of the servers giving you a server list after
> connect. Actually that's a thing that needs to be fixed on the servers, so
> lugdunum would be the best contacted and asked if he could change it so,
> that only verified and working servers are going to be announced.

Do servers have a MD4 like the clients? Do the clients know this MD4?
If, why not remove all old sources if a new one with a specfic MD4 is
found?

Same for sources for files.

S°

--
75 Things you don't want to hear from your Sys Admin.
9. [looks at workstation] "Say, what version of DOS is this running?"