Re: [Mldonkey-users] Hi there!

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Hi there!
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:38:04 +0100

Le Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:22:13 +0100, Alberto Martínez Álvarez
<address@hidden> a écrit :

> I'm interested in the way that
> mldonkey exchange sources between clients. I think that implement it in
> eMule to exchange sources between eMule<->MLDonkey can be a good idea.
>
> Any help with protocol packets.

>From what I understand from the sources (find_sources_in_groups in
donkey/donkeyClient.ml, see
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/mldonkey/mldonkey/donkey/donkeyClient.ml?rev=1.19&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
), when a new client is contacted, if it is another mldonkey client it
receives the list of sources we have thru TCP; Otherwise, it receives the
list thru a sequence of UDP packets, (at "edonkey tcp port+4", so right now
it doesn't do much good, because other edonkey clients use a random UDP
port instead).
Once this is done, the new source is published to all the other
sources we know about, thru UDP.
In the end, the new source is added to the list.

The TCP and UDP packets sent are "faked sourcereq replies", mldonkey didn't
invent new packet types for the purpose of source propagation.

(Please correct any mistake...)

BR,
Pierre.