mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Query about compiled code

From: Amey Karkare
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Query about compiled code
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:00:43 +0530

Hi,
 Thanks for the help with my questions.

Can you re-define car and cdr for your "given scheme program" --
e.g. load it into an environment in which car is a procedure that
increments your meter before calling the real thing?

This is a  possibility. However I thought it will be better - performance wise - if I could modify the C-routine directly. I am still a newbie to Scheme/mit-scheme and not very sure if modifying C will actually be faster than modifying user program.

Who-all's use of car and cdr do you want to measure?  Surely not the
whole system... ?
No, only the user program's.

Regards,
Amey