mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] Instalation in /usr fails

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] Instalation in /usr fails
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:46:49 -0500

   Date: 29 Jul 2003 19:32:39 +0000
   From: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos <address@hidden>

   I've installed MIT Scheme into /opt/mit-scheme and I've put the
   following scripts in /usr/bin:
   euler root # cat /usr/bin/scheme
   #!/bin/bash
   /opt/mit-scheme/bin/scheme -library /opt/mit-scheme/lib/mit-scheme
   euler root # cat /usr/bin/bchscheme
   #!/bin/bash
   /opt/mit-scheme/bin/bchscheme -library /opt/mit-scheme/lib/mit-scheme

   The problem is that when I start scheme I get:

   [...]

   As you can see, not all of mit-scheme is loaded.

   I can also do:

   euler root # scheme -edwin

   [...]

   Do you understand why this is happening?

The problem is that the shell script isn't specifying anything other
than the "-library" command-line option, so nothing else is loaded.
And the script also doesn't provide for additional arguments to be
passed in, so the "-edwin" argument is ignored.  Use a script like
this instead:

#!/bin/bash
/opt/mit-scheme/bin/scheme -library /opt/mit-scheme/lib/mit-scheme "$@"

Here I've simply added "$@" at the end of the line to allow arguments