mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] ephemerons in fasl files

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] ephemerons in fasl files
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 01:12:00 +0000

   Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 19:48:35 -0400
   From: Gerald Jay Sussman <address@hidden>

   I did a Scheme build on my AMDx86-64 machine.  It works and it
   correctly loads and dumps a live scmutils.  I still don't know how to
   make the tar that is used in the make-scmutils script.

Looks like Chris didn't rewrite that script when he rewrote the other
dist/make-* scripts earlier this year.  I'll take a look soon, no
later than tomorrow.

   I tried to make an i386 version on an ubuntu laptop, using the same
   basic construction method.  It made a working Scheme, but it fails to
   know about the X windows.

To build Scheme with X11 support, the following Debian/Ubuntu packages
should be installed: autotools-dev, libncurses5-dev, libssl-dev,
libx11-dev, libxt-dev, m4.  If you lack libx11-dev or libxt-dev,
Scheme will lack X11 support.