mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] make-eq-hash-table

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] make-eq-hash-table
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:35:04 -0500

   Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:03:50 -0800
   From: Chris Hanson <address@hidden>

   Actually, they want to be both key-weak and datum-weak.

EXPANDED-NAMES needs to be key-weak and datum-strong (its data are
hash tables that are not likely to be referenced, strongly or weakly,
from anywhere else), but for the other two hash tables, while they
ought to be datum-weak, I don't think it matters whether they are
key-weak or key-strong: their data have strong references to their
keys, so as long as their data are strongly referenced, the keys will
be too.

But this is all moot until we have datum-weak hash tables.  I've just
left a comment by %MAKE-XML-NAME explaining this.  I'll commit my
changes once I have finished a LIARC build.