Fwd: How to apply a patch

From: Theuns Heydenrych
Subject: Fwd: How to apply a patch
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 19:00:42 +0200

Thank you for the advice.
I execute tools/patch-tool-mxe init libzmq-malt.mk from the mxe directory, then it fails, with output below
make: Entering directory '/mxe'
[init-git-libzmq-malt.mk]
mxe.patch.mk:111: recipe for target '/mxe/usr/installed/patch/init-git-libzmq-malt.mk' failed
make: *** [/mxe/usr/installed/patch/init-git-libzmq-malt.mk] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/mxe'

I added SHELL='sh-x' to the patch-tool-mxe to get some output for debugging to see what is failing.
Below is the last part of a lengthy output, where it shows that time is not found.
When executing time in the terminal I get valid output.
Any ideas on how to fix this, or what could be wrong?

+ echo [init-git-libzmq-malt.mk]
[init-git-libzmq-malt.mk]
+ [ -d /mxe/log/patch ]
+
+ time make -f Makefile _init-git-libzmq-malt.mk
sh: 1: time: not found
+ mkdir -p /mxe/usr/installed/patch/
+ touch /mxe/usr/installed/patch/init-git-libzmq-malt.mk
rm /mxe/usr/installed/patch/init-git-libzmq-malt.mk
make: Leaving directory '/mxe'

Regards