Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] isl fails to build for target x86_64-pc-linux

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] isl fails to build for target x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 20:26:21 +1000

Anast Gramm <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, I've downloaded the mxe environment as described by the tutorial,
> and I've edited my `settings.mk` file to contain the following:
>
>    MXE_TARGETS := x86_64-w64-mingw32.static
>    LOCAL_PKG_LIST := qt5 opencv hdf5 gcc cc exiv2 cmake
>    .DEFAULT_GOAL  := local-pkg-list
>    local-pkg-list: $(LOCAL_PKG_LIST)

That all looks correct.

>    configure: error: gmp library too old
> […]
> Also I noticed that just before trying to build isl, there was
> a successful build of gmp.

It’s a strange error, can you post the full log? Preferably as a gist
(https://gist.github.com) or other pastebin.

> Why is it building for pc-linux-gnu while I specified mingw32?

gcc requires some native libraries (gmp, mpfr, isl, mpc) and these are built
once for the native platform to be used in each cross-compile target for gcc.

Cheers,