Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error cross-compiling for 32-bit windows from

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error cross-compiling for 32-bit windows from 640bit linux using mxe
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 16:32:08 +1100

> On 24 Feb 2017, at 23:31, Gerardo Ballabio <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> If that is required for a specific package to compile, it seems logical to
> set it as default for that package. Can it be done, and how?

It’s a feature of gcc that needs to be enabled at build time - there’s no way
to enable it for a package independently. The way to achieve package-specific
options would be to enable posix threads by default and disable pthreads
support in problematic packages.

> Do you expect any issues if some packages are compiled with ".posix" and some
> others without?

Some packages assume there is no pthreads on windows and have their own
implementation [1] - getting it to work with both can take some time [2]. I
think there’s a handful of packages that still fail to build with “.posix”,
once those are fixed we’ll probably make it the default [3].

Cheers,

Tony

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/pull/1009
[2] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/pull/1488