Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Producing "Unicode certified" windows executa

From: Gilles Caulier
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Producing "Unicode certified" windows executable (.exe) programs with MXE?
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 09:03:01 +0100

yes of course.

This is official a lots. We package and release digiKAm for Windows using MXE, and only by this way. We use Linux computer to build all 32 and 64 bits versions, and it work perfectly. this take age from scratch (6 hours on a 8 core I7 with 32 Go RAM), but the result is the best that we can do. No Windows, no MSVC, no extra runtime.

I have no word to define MXE project. It's a jewel from OpenSource... Thanks a lot.

All my bash + cmake scripts are here, if you want to take a look :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation.git/tree/project/bundles/mxe

And the current Windows pre release installers are here for testing :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzeiVr-byqt5Y0tIRWVWelRJenM

Note : the official stable windows versions are pushed on KDE servers :

http://download.kde.org/stable/digikam/

In the past we tried to manage Windows packaging through MSVC stuff, and it's a pure waste of time.

Voilà, you have all my best for this new year. Continue to improve this project, it's a rock...

Gilles Caulier

Gilles Caulier schrieb:
> We compile here with MXE (32 or 64 bits):
>
> Qt5
> QtAV
> OpenCV
> Exiv2
> KF5 framework
> digiKam (1.2M code lines)

Sorry for going slightly off-topic in this discussion, but do you
think it makes sense to add these projects to our list of "Projects
which use MXE"?

    http://mxe.cc/#used-by

Or, are these builds totally unofficial and not endorsed by the projects?

Regards,

Volker Diels-Grabsch