[Mingw-cross-env-list] Newbie trouble with installing MXE

From: DILASSER Guillaume
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Newbie trouble with installing MXE
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:59:51 +0000

Hello everyone,

I am writing to hopefully get some help with the installation of MXE on my system. I am completely new to MXE and cross-compiling in general and I should even add that I have a limited experience with Linux (I have always been the Windows type of guy…). But this time I am faced with this problem : I am trying to compile a windows executable from sources that have been developed on a Linux environment. I already compiled and tested the Linux executable and it worked fine. A quick last note before I explain the issue I am facing with MXE : my Linux machine is in fact a VMware virtual box running on a Windows 10 host (I do not know if that is of any importance with regard of the issue). I have followed the tutorial on MXE’s website to install the it but I am stuck on step 3a. Using “make” returns an error about unauthorized operation on disk (a folder cannot be “rm”) so I figured I should probably use “su make”. Doing so I have another issue : a syntax error in the configure script (syntax error near unexpected token ‘0.16’). I have enclosed the log with this email. Does anyone know what I should do to solve this problem ? Thank you in advance,

Guillaume DILASSER

Doctorant SACM / LEAS

CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c

91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

address@hidden