Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problem cross compiling TOra

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problem cross compiling TOra
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 23:30:17 +1000

> On 30 Sep 2015, at 22:09, Adam Ward <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> I have also installed the 64bit Oracle client (see file list after the cmake
> output), but it cmake does not find it.
> Using these Oracle paths works for the native linux build.

Those are are linux libs (*.so) and it makes some sense that cmake won’t
recognise them. You need to use the windows client, but I couldn’t get cmake to
find even the headers. I’m not sure what the issue is, but it may be something
to do with an incompatibility between msvc and gcc - that’s unlikely though and
in any case, it should find the headers. Maybe the next thing to try is
installing oracle client into the standard locations under mxe/usr/<target>/.

> Let me know if I need to provide other information to resolve this.

I’d recommend using the shared builds as there are linking errors with Qt on a
static build. It’s also reasonably certain that there would be licensing issues
with static linking.

The other main issue is gcc 5.2. It has stricter errors that break the build.
If you can do a native linux build with this version and report the errors
upstream, it will help with the cross-build. (You can get around these with
-fpermissive, but it’s not a good idea to do that downstream).

Cheers,