Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] which Ubuntu version for MXE master branch?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] which Ubuntu version for MXE master branch?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:48:00 +0200

Hamza Alloush schrieb:
> currently is not possible to compile all MXE toolchain on Ubuntu
> 14.04.2 (it stops at gdb), which is expected since the requirements
> for a Debian derivative distro is one that uses latest stable Wheezy
> packages.

Could you send your error messages to the list?  Maybe someone could
have a look at it.

Debian/Jessie is newer than Debian/Wheezy, so it should work.  Also,
Jessie will become the new Stable after Wheezy, so we should fix any
issues with Jessie as soon as possible, rather than all at once when
Jessie is released.

As a side note: A few weeks ago I was successfully building some part
of MXE on Debian/Sid (Unstable), so that shouldn't be a fundamental
problem, either.

In short: You shouldn't use anything _older_ than Debian/Wheezy, but
newer systems should be fine and are always woth a bugfix ... as we'll
have to cope with them in the future anyway.

Regards,

Volker Grabsch