Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libmatio static build

From: Timothy Gu
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libmatio static build
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 23:56:14 +0000

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 4:53 PM Timothy Gu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 1:33 AM Michael Schellenberger Costa <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to cross compile some code including the matio MATLAB
interface with mat file version 7.3. Sadly i am unable to make it compil
e.

I tried the simplest possible testcase with the example code from the
matio user_guide.

It compiles fine with qmake/make under linux/gcc. However if i try to
cross compile I get a bunch of errors of the sort:

/opt/mxe/tmp-matio-x86_64-w64-mingw32.static/matio-1.5.2/src/mat.c:326:
undefined
reference to `H5Fclose'

I attached the full log.

I have tried to recompile HDF5 libraries with the
"--enable-static-exec" flag and setting "--with-hdf5='$(PREFIX)'" ,
'--enable-mat73=yes" and "--enable-static" for libmatio. However, with
no success.

Any further recommendations?

I'll take a look.

So I'm looking at http://sourceforge.net/p/matio/matio/ci/master/tree/

I don't see any user_guide or qmake files. Where is your qmake file from?

Also are you compiling HDF 5 libraries by yourself or using the hdf5 package?

Timothy