Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE: How to build a self-sufficient DLL that

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE: How to build a self-sufficient DLL that statically includes other libraries?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:22:17 +0200

On 24/03/15 19:53, Matthias Geier wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
(I re-added the list in CC.)

Thanks, I seem to have removed the list by accident ...

No, that was me who initially did that :-P This naturally resulted in your reply missing the CC as you replied to my email that was lacking it to begin with.

I guess all bets are off then. I don't how well that works.

I tried it again with TARGET=i686-w64-mingw32.static, which led to the
same warnings/errors.

You say this should work?

Yes. It works for me without issues when using a 32-bit MXE.

Try making a clean environment with a i686-w64-mingw32.static MXE build, and be careful not to mix i686 and x86_64. The best way to test that, is to not build an x86_64 MXE to begin with.

In other words, wipe everything and start from scratch, making sure to only use i686 and see if that works.

Note: the

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH_i686_w64_mingw32_static="mxe_dir/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/lib/pkgconfig"

is actually crucial. If you don't correctly export that, building with MXE will result in Linux header files getting used instead of the MXE ones. This might be what's causing you trouble, since you didn't seem to have that set originally. Set the env variables correctly *before* you try to build something with MXE.

And always check that the path you set is actually correct.