Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE Initial Build Completed...now what?

From: Timothy Gu
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE Initial Build Completed...now what?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:28:15 -0800

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 8:03 AM, Bill Westrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was able to find the executable I needed: ffmpeg.
> However, the results were disappointing. The executable does nothing. When I
> run it from the Windows command line I get zero output. It simply presents a
> command prompt, as if I had just typed nothing and pressed enter.

I just pushed a fix to this problem [1]. Could you please do a git
pull and try again?

Thank you for reporting this issue. See the commit log for more
information on the bug. The problem is that Windows is not recognizing
ffmpeg.exe as a console application, and therefore displays a new
window. It is not an "error" per se, so no error message is displayed.

[1]: https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/97ac155be312d8012b7be3f8fd25acb5588d7044

Timothy