[Mingw-cross-env-list] Building fully static builds of Qt5 issues

From: N. N.
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Building fully static builds of Qt5 issues
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:02:16 +0000 (UTC)

Using MXE (i686-w64-mingw32, git head  1468634428), and doing make qtscript
(which of course also builds qtbase)is done, the first thing to fix is the
/opt/mxe/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/qt5/lib/pkgconfig/*.pc files to remove all
the "d"'s tacked on to the end of the Libs.private (Qt5Cored ->Qt5Core) and all
the rest.  I saw the bug report about this at Qt, and these don't seem to be
any movement on this.

Once that is done, you can make the application.
Move it to windows, and you get the 'Failed to load platform plugin "windows"'
Now, since this should have been a static build, why is it asking for that?

Looking in /opt/mxe/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/qt5/plugins/platforms there is
a libqwindows.a but, there isn't a dll anyplace that I can find, which makes
sense, since, this should be a static build).

So, adding -lqwindows should satisfy the 'Failed to load platform plugin
"windows"' right?
Well, nope, didn't help.

Now, since we want a 100% static build for Qt5 applications, what magic must be
done to fix this?