[Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI

From: Jonathan Greig
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 20:51:01 -0600

This discussion started on the Qt mailing lists, but Mark suggested I ask here.

1) I'm wanting to setup a cross-compiler targeting 32-bit Windows from a Travis-CI 64-bit Linux environment. If I can reliably do this on my home machine, getting it to work in Travis-CI should be fairly easy. Since MXE is on GitHub, why isn't MXE isn't using Travis-CI?

2) I'm wanting a shared Qt5 library. Mark said shared library support was added recently. I looked here: https://github.com/mxe/mxe/blob/master/src/qtbase.mk and it seems that it is hardcoded to build Qt5 statically. Is it possible to build a shared Qt5 library yet?

3) Is there any estimated timeframe on when shared library support will hit the stable branch? I've been burnt several times in the past using master as noted below.

Jonathan