[Mingw-cross-env-list] README in master but not in stable

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] README in master but not in stable
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:51:15 +1100

On 27 Feb 2014, at 17:29, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 27 Feb 2014, at 16:59, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hello Tony,
>>
>> I'm not sure if these explainations about the lookup
>> rules are already part of the docs. If not, I'd suggest
>> to add them.
>
> Good point, I haven’t even documented *.shared yet.

Hi Volker,

I think an ideal place for this would be in a README.md that people see on
github and the master branch, but isn’t in stable (or is a blank file). This
way we can make evolving development notes available before being finalised and
incorporated into the main docs. We could also add links to experimental
branches here and any other work-in-progress. Some of this may be relevant
across a merge-from-master so we can’t simply clear the file.

Is this a good idea? If so, is there a way to make git do this?

Thanks,