Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] build tools installed in $(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] build tools installed in $(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:53:46 +1100

On 11 Feb 2014, at 05:18, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried the attached change.  It seems to work, so I don't think the tools
> that are installed in $(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)/bin are actually needed by MXE.
> Note that I did have to tell GCC where to look for AS, LD, and NM.

Thanks! I moved `strip` back into binutils and fixed a problem with boost, now
all of MXE is building without those tools:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/compare/3d88ea1...e649584

I left $(PREFIX)/$(BUILD)/bin in $PATH as this is needed for the requirements
and I’ll probably move the gcc-* deps there so we don’t have to build them six
times.

Cheers,