Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] To build shared objects as option

From: Tuukka Pasanen
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] To build shared objects as option
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 12:12:48 +0200

2013/12/26 Tony Theodore <address@hidden>:

> On 16 Dec 2013, at 07:40, Timothy Gu <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Tuukka Pasanen
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I've been testing this shared building roughly week now. My problem is
>>> getting Mixxx (http://mixxx.org) compile on MinGW and linux so that's
>>> why i'm interested in shared MXE.
>>> I forked Shared MXE and I've added plenty missing packages and enabled
>>> many packages to compile as shared DLL.
>>> Now I've asking should I even try to make pull request or is it just
>>> testing phase where ain't gonna get nothing in?
>>
>> That was a *big* patch set!
>>
>> I would recommend to separate adding new packages (chromaprint,
>> libid3tag, taglib, rubberband, vamp-pluings-sdk) to another branch,
>> that can be directly added to our current master branch.
>>
>> Regarding your question on how to contribute to @tonytheodore's repo,
>> TBH I don't really know as I am not @tonytheodore. But if you really
>> want to contribute, I'd say the following things:
>>
>> 1. merge the current master into that branch before the delta becomes too big
>> 2. make a pull req to Tony's repo if he agrees
>>
>> CC'ing the mailing list as I found out that this is not CC'd to it currently.
>>
>> Timothy
>
> Thanks, I’ve had a quick look at
> https://github.com/illuusio/mxe/tree/shared-using-target and it seems that it
> should mostly be easy enough to merge. Some patches will be an issue though -
> take zlib-3-win32-tml.patch as an example, we can’t go hard-coding things
> like "#define ZLIB_DLL 1”.

Actually that one can be forced out. It was just testing from another
MinGW builds so it's not very clever patch.

> I’ll make some time to do more testing, with the goal of getting the basic
> build rules into master fairly soon.

There is lot of 'Works for me'-stuff in my repo. Hopefully patches are
clean enough. There is lot of UPDATE stuff to work out as I'm little
bit out of radar how that works..

Thanks.
Tuukka