Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Found Solution: Linking problem with both gli

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Found Solution: Linking problem with both glib-2.0 and libidn
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:37:42 +1000

On 12/09/2013, at 4:18 AM, Thomas Dineen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> 2013/9/11 Thomas Dineen
> <address@hidden>
> :
>
>> Gauthier:
>>
>>    Did you ever find a solution to the problem you posted?
>>

>> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2012-10/msg00016.html

> Yes, I found a solution. I use the option
> `--allow-multiple-definition' from GNU ld
> (or -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition with gcc).

Isn't that just asking for trouble? You really want to be explicit about which
definition to use as the runtime behaviour will be affected. I suppose you
could do that by manually specifying -lidn first, the invocation in the message
above doesn't do this and probably won't behave correctly (or only does so
accidentally).

I think you should ask on the libidn list about how they handle this.

Cheers,