[Mingw-cross-env-list] Help on Cross-Compilation

From: Ramon Thurler Palomo
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Help on Cross-Compilation
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 10:23:43 -0300

Dears,

I work in a software based in Linux and I need to generate a .exe file
for Windows.

Before that, I need to cross-compile some third party libraries and
here is the problem. I don't know what are those libraries that I
need.

For example, I cross compiled the library fox-toolkit-1.6 (this one I
know that I need to cross compile). As I use Autotools, the MXE
tutorial suggested the commands:

"If you build a library, you might also want to enforce a static build":

./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --enable-static --disable-shared
make

And it worked.
But, I think I need to cross compile the UMFPACK too. So, I downloaded
it and there is no shellscript file called "configure" there. How do I
proceed with this library?
There is only a Makefile there, so I need to follow the Step 5d instead?

"Step 5d: Cross compile your Project (Makefile)"
If so, I have no idea about the "few adjustments" I would need to do,
like it's given in the tutorial:

CC=$(CROSS)gcc
LD=$(CROSS)ld
AR=$(CROSS)ar
PKG_CONFIG=$(CROSS)pkg-config

This subject is very new for me, so if someone could tell me in a "for
dummies" way, I would really appreciate.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ramon Thurler Palomo

+55 21 9510 2550