Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Anyway to remove installed packages ?

From: Huang KangJing
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Anyway to remove installed packages ?
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 23:10:07 +0800

Thx, that would be a handy solution to remove qt.

Also, I wonder if I should remove usr/installed/qt to notify that qt
is not installed.

And this only solves part of the problem, as I still have some
libraries that are not so easy to get rid of.

But I inspected the code of mxe and summarized some manual way I think
can help remove a library, but I didn't test if it works..

1.Extract source tar balls of the library that is to be removed to
somewhere.

2.Configure it using the instructions that are used to compile the
library as written in src/<package name>.mk.

3.Run make uninstall.

4.Clear up extracted source dir and usr/installed/<package name>

I wonder if these instructions can indeed remove library clearly
without recompiling...

>> I don't know if here are some people can help me... But it seems
>> that this is the only place that has been holding discussion
>> about MXE. I've been using your project for building win32
>> executables for quite a while, and it really works great...The
>> problem is that I once installed qt 4 libraries in my MXE
>> environment and now I'm switching to qt 5 libraries, but I do not
>> have much disk space left... So I decided to remove my qt 4
>> libraries and some other libraries that I don't need anymore...
>> Yet I didn't figure out a way to do so through out all the
>> documents avaliable... That's why I'm here to ask. I would be
>> very glad to any kind of response.
>

> Hi,
>
> There is no general uninstall mechanism in MXE, but it's very easy
> to remove Qt. To remove Qt 4, just delete usr/i686-pc-mingw32/qt.
> To remove all Qt 5 modules, just delete usr/i686-pc-mingw32/qt5.
>
> Mark

- --
Sincerely,
Huang KangJing
2012 Undergraduate, School of Physics,Peking University