[Mingw-cross-env-list] Using MXE for plugin based applications

From: Ronan Trépos
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Using MXE for plugin based applications
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:04:28 +0100

Dear MXE community,

We try to cross compile on linux an application, base on a plugin system, for windows users. We have difficulties for managing exceptions.
I'm not sure actually if we can do this.

On users' windows, mingw32 is installed and is used to build plugins (dll).
These plugin could raise exceptions. What we have seen is that we should rely on the option -shared-libgcc when building the main application of gcc in order to manage exceptions
(see e.g. some post about dll boundaries on the net)
If I'm right, this option has no meaning with mxe since all is built statically.

Is that right ? If yes, is there any other way to do this ?
If you need more informations to answer this question, please let me know .

Thanks in advance for any answer,
Best regards
Ronan Trépos

--