Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Building x86_64 binaries for Windows

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Building x86_64 binaries for Windows
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 20:10:26 +1100

On 06/01/2013, at 8:54 AM, William <address@hidden> wrote:

Tony,
I wish you a happy new year !

A happy new year to you also!

Also, it is still possible to propose a method to revert to non default mingw.org build ?

The current method is to remove it from settings.mk - what else did you have in mind?

 Most of the ocaml-* packages won't build for me
ocaml-packages do not build for you ? (what is the problem ?)
or they do not build without ocaml-native ? (which is "normal", as some packages refere to native tools with full path in mxe/usr directory)
or they do not build on mingw-w64 ?(which is strange, I remember testing it, not fully, with mingw-w64)

Mostly the latter, and I'm not familiar enough with them to do much debugging. Could you get them running under mingw-w64 and then I should be able to resolve any issues in my setups.

(ocaml-native does, but I've excluded it since it takes a long time to build and it's dependents need some work). Can you take a look at updating these (there's a new version 4.00.1) and getting them to work with mingw-w64? Use either of the experimental branches [1][2], any package build rules that change will be equally applicable no matter how we proceed with the multi-target approach.
if I make changes (like 4.00.1 upgrades), or update build instructions, shouldn't I do them in the mxe master branch?
If I make them in your fork, it would not be in the master mxe...

Do the update in master, I can then easily merge that into either of the experimental branches [1] [2] (multi-rebase is preferred).

Cheers,

Tony

[1] https://github.com/tonytheodore/mxe/tree/multi-target
[2] https://github.com/tonytheodore/mxe/tree/multi-rebase