[Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with linking a simple MagickWand using p

From: Nick White
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with linking a simple MagickWand using program
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:16:20 +0100

Hi,

I recently found mxc, and it looks great. I want to use it to
compile windows versions of a few very small applications of mine;
the .c tools here: http://www.dur.ac.uk/nick.white/tools/

However, the two which use MagickWand ('boxer' and 'lazytrain') are
having problems linking. I was suprised to find that (seemingly)
just providing the appropriate pkg-config --cflags --libs MagickWand
commands doesn't seem to provide all that gcc needs (as it does
when compiling natively.)

So when I try to build boxer.c from
http://www.dur.ac.uk/nick.white/tools/boxer.c I use the following
command:
i686-pc-mingw32-gcc `i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config --cflags MagickWand` boxer.c -o
boxer `i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config --libs MagickWand`

But there are *a lot* of undefined references. Some of them I could
correct by guessing extra -l arguments, but not all, and I presume
there's something simple and basic that I'm failing to grasp.

I'll attach the output of running the above command.

Any advice would be most happily received.

Thanks

Nick