Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] 64-bit

From: Lothar May
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] 64-bit
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:28:39 +0200

Hi,

2012/6/15 William <address@hidden>:
> yes,
> actually there is already something, it is just that it is not pushed to the
> main branch, I really don't know why.
> I advise you to follow instructions from:
> http://mxe.cc/
>
> Instead of dowloading this branch :
> git clone https://github.com/mxe/mxe.git
>
> you can use this branch, which is an upgrade of mxe for really having multi
> targets available :
> https://github.com/tonytheodore/mxe.git
> You will have to change the target, in the file settings.mk (this file
> appears if you run quickly make and then Ctrl c straight))
> I don't have my pc here, but in this file put the following line :
> TARGET = x86_64-w64-mingw32
> (instead of i686-pc-mingw32 which is for 32bits). For the rest, follow
> instructions from http://mxe.cc
>
> If something goes wrong, which is very likely, submit your problems to this
> mailing list or to the bug report in github. It is also very likely that it
> could be solved easily.

I tried to do exactly that, but encountered some strange behaviour.
Even though I set the target in the settings.mk file, it seems to
build all three targets i686-static, i686-dynamic and x86_64. I tried
to build qt, but it fails for target i686-dynamic.

[...]
/opt/mingw-w64/usr/i686-dynamic-mingw32/lib/libmng.a(libmng_jpeg.o):libmng_jpeg.c:(.text+0x1fa2):
undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress'

make[6]: *** [../../../../plugins/imageformats/qmng4.dll] Error 1
make[6]: Leaving directory
`/opt/mingw-w64/tmp-qt-i686-dynamic-mingw32/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/mng'
make[5]: *** [release] Error 2
[...]

It seems that some libjpeg dependency is missing there.

However, is there any way to *only* build for x86_64 target?

Best regards,
Lothar